Thursday, September 20, 2012

Abundance of Blessings

The Bible is Truth. The actual Word of God. We believe this.


Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them...
Psalms 127:3-5


Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee...
Jeremiah 1:5

We believe this. 

Not once does the Bible - God's Truth to all generations - ever describe a child as an "oops baby", an inconvenience, a distraction, a burden. Only blessings and gifts... even on the worst of days. I know nothing of perfect children. I know much about rooting out the sin they are born with in tears and prayers and discipline. As parents, these child-gifts of ours require much self denial, much sacrifice, and much diverted attention. They also bring more joy, more satisfaction, more laughter, and more love flowing than I could have imagined. 

All that said...

Baby Gooden #6 is in the belly!

God is forming this child for His great purposes by His great hands. The hands that stretched out the heavens, and rubbed the mud on the blind man's eyes, and touched the lepers, and were nailed to an ugly cross that He might save us from our own pitiful state. 

Thy hands have made me and fashioned me.
Psalm 119:73

I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvelous works. 
Psalm 9:1

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST!!!!!!! Congratulations! You may enjoy A Mom Like You by Vicki Farris, Jen. It is a great read. Reading it myself for the second time. I am praising God for you and those beautiful ones in His faithful care. He is faithful and true! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete