When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for you?
A few of us ladies meet together on Monday nights after baths and bedtime kisses and all of our thirteen collective children are in bed. At 8:30 we go boldly to the Throne of Grace. We pray for the sick ones, the wandering ones, our own deceitful hearts, the ones who lead us, and anything else. Tonight I waited... 9:00 came around... 9:30. Somehow prayer is the most necessary part of our lives, and the most easily neglected. Those ones with the guitars and nicely prepared sermons don't forget to get behind their microphones. So tonight I pray alone.
I opened my Bible and started reading where I left off this morning. A genealogy ending with these words:
...then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.
Genesis 4:26
My heart weeps longing for this to be true of today's generation. Can we have that be said of us? Can He take this far-too-busy-to-kneel-but-plenty-of-time-to-update-my-Facebook-status (or watch-the-futbol-game here in Uganda) generation and turn our hearts to seek His face?
I'm so guilty. Not pointing the finger beyond the mirror here. While I'm faithful to pray on Monday nights because it takes place in my bedroom... I can't say I'm so faithful from Tuesday to Sunday. But why? Why on Earth do we put off meeting with the One Who loves us most?
I'm not looking forward to a hut bursting at the seams with people coming to pray. I'm just begging God to work in the hearts of the people He has placed in our lives. I want so badly for them to know Jesus in a deeper way.
I came to this conclusion once again tonight... no matter how hard I work or how many great Bible studies Tyler teaches, it has to be the Lord drawing the people to Himself, and the people willing to surrender. So I pray. And I live a life of obedience by grace through faith... that on the outside sometimes looks really messy, but God sees my heart. And that's all He wants. My heart.
Even if no one in Uganda is ever affected by this mission. I do it for Jesus alone because He is worthy of all I've got.
I'm not looking forward to a hut bursting at the seams with people coming to pray. I'm just begging God to work in the hearts of the people He has placed in our lives. I want so badly for them to know Jesus in a deeper way.
I came to this conclusion once again tonight... no matter how hard I work or how many great Bible studies Tyler teaches, it has to be the Lord drawing the people to Himself, and the people willing to surrender. So I pray. And I live a life of obedience by grace through faith... that on the outside sometimes looks really messy, but God sees my heart. And that's all He wants. My heart.
Even if no one in Uganda is ever affected by this mission. I do it for Jesus alone because He is worthy of all I've got.
Jen, I needed to read your heart tonight. Thanking God for you and Jesus. Love you, linda
ReplyDeleteI am praying here with you...though this is days later. Lifting you up! Samantha G
ReplyDeleteOh what fellowship, oh what joy divine leaning on the everlasting arms! Joining you in a blessed and precious place of prayer where we are never alone! May The Lord continue to make you strong and courageous you are loved and payed for around the world! The fruit of your heart is precious in His sight and we are deeply touched who have had the pleasure to be encouraged by it! God bless you all!
ReplyDelete