Some friends of ours are planning a trip to come and see us. (WOOHOO!!)
They asked about the food we eat.
I was thinking it might be a crime if I didn't share this Skillet Biscuit Recipe with the whole world.
So... here's my chance!
![]() |
| I can't turn my stove... er fire... down when it gets too hot, so I let the pan rest on the concrete counter top to cool off a bit. Perfect time to put on some coffee! |
5 cups flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Sugar
3-ish cups of Milk
Oil for Frying
Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the milk -enough to make a sticky dough consistency.
Heat the pan and add just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
Don't make the biscuits too thick or the heat too high. They won't cook through.
We eat them as is, or slice them open and put jam on top. I suppose for you lovely people who have the luxury of butter... that would be the most delicious option!


No comments:
Post a Comment