Saturday, May 7, 2016

Back At It


A while ago,  I wrote on this blog while living as a missionary with my husband and six children in a hut in Northern Uganda. It was quite an experience. When we moved back to America, I felt that I had nothing more to write. Living in Uganda was exciting and strange. There was a lot to write about! (All that God was doing as our family trusted Him with a grass roof housing all kinds of critters, cooking over fire, church service under a tree, home birth, sleeping under mosquito nets, malaria, pumping for water, never wearing shoes, AFRICA.) And it also gave the family and friends In America  a way of knowing what we were up to. 

Now we are "normal." We live in a normal place. I am a normal mom. My husband works a normal job. We eat normal pizza after we go to normal church. My kids watch normal Netflix on a normal couch. 

The truth is - we still serve an amazing God who continues to answer prayer and challenge and change us for His glory. And if someone can be encouraged by the good He is doing here in this normal house, I want to keep writing.

My husband Tyler and I are now living in Southern California with our seven children ages 10 months - 11 years. Tyler works an 8 to 5 job, and I am a stay at home mom homeschooling five of the seven. Some days life feels like a fairytale. Some days I feel like I am running a race through quicksand carrying a backpack of bricks. God hasn't failed me once. His grace has been more than sufficient for me.

My prayer is that by walking with Jesus, and living transparently, someone else will be encouraged while they do the same. So I will keep writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment