Friday, September 16, 2011

Step Out on the Water

The radio has been on for two hours. No one has really noticed it. Just background music for our morning. I was doing laundry, pouring bowls of cereal, kids playing all around, a normal morning in the Gooden home. After breakfast, I was kneading dough in the kitchen, the boys went upstairs to play, and the girls were quiet in the living room. Everything quieted down, and I heard Jesus singing to me on the radio again. (Remember... He did that in the car before...) 

So what are you waiting for? What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities, they try to hold to you
But you know you're made for more, so don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes, and you can walk on the water, too

I hadn't even noticed the radio until that song started playing. THEN! Abigail turned it up quite loud and came into the kitchen. She said, "I just couldn't hear that song good enough so I had to turn it up."

After my "walking on water" deal in California, I knew this was not a coincidence, but the Spirit of God moving in this home. Moving in my fearful heart. I looked up the song on the computer to hear it again, and found a testimony of the story behind the song. It included a missions trip to Uganda. I said with tears steaming down... "This is too much."

Update:
Unfortunately, that video has been removed from the Internet, but here is another video of the story behind her song. 


...Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
1 Chronicles 28:20

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jeffie! Wow....Jesus is so BEYOND amazing!!!!! love you!~Jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have watched this video about 100 times. I just see this girl speaking straight to me with Jesus' Words. I love that He will use ANYTHING to get our attention!

    ReplyDelete