A few weeks ago, Tyler said he was bored at work. He started talking a great deal about Uganda. I didn't get involved. He filled out passport applications, looked at lots of websites, and started talking to the kids about Uganda. I told him I'm not taking these children to Uganda. Period.
We talked about it again in the car on the way to church not long after that initial NO. I told Tyler, "Jesus would have to directly say, 'Jeffie, (because he does call me Jeffie) I want you to go.'" Tyler got out of the car to go practice with the worship band. I was on my way to return library books before service started. I turned the car radio on when he got out, and the first words I heard were, "Every child in Africa is Yours" sung by Steven Curtis Chapman. I just shook my head knowing it was Jesus saying, "Jeffie, I want you to go."
Now I can't stop thinking about the people in Uganda. Praying for them, weeping over the evil in Sudan just to their north, for the mothers who bury their starved babies, for the war-torn hopeless ones...
Here are lyrics to some more of that song "Yours" that JESUS played for me on the radio:
I walk the dirt roads of Uganda
I see the scars that war has left behind
Hope like the sun is fading
They're waiting for a cure no one can find
I hear children's voices singing
Of a God who heals and rescues and restores
And I'm reminded
That every child in Africa is Yours
**A missionary already in Uganda took this picture, and I got it from her website.**

No comments:
Post a Comment