Abigail, our three year old, is the most serious child I've ever met. We watched the Three Stooges the other day, and as her brothers rolled in their seats laughing, she sat and watched the silly pranksters without even a smirk. She's a sweet girl, and really has lots of fun, she just thinks jokes are ridiculous.
A few days ago, we were having toast and grapefruit for breakfast. Yummy! Abigail said she wanted to pray before we ate. This was her prayer, "Lord Jesus, thank you for this food. And please help me to like beans. In Jesus' name, Amen." Micah said, "Abigail, why were you praying about beans? We're not eating beans for breakfast!" And as serious as you may know this girl is, she exclaimed, "Because they have beans in Uganda, and I have to eat them!" We all laughed as she sat solemn.
Yesterday our cupboards were desperate for Wegmans' attention. Lunchtime rolled around, and all I could come up with was a vegetable soup - with beans - I had made for myself a few days before. I knew it wasn't going to be a hit. As we sat down for lunch, Abigail prayed, "Lord Jesus, thank you for this food. And please help me not be grossed out. In Jesus' name, Amen."
I tried my best not to laugh. If you laugh at her, she gets very offended... because she's never joking. I told her she could practice for Uganda by eating it all up. Needless to say, she gagged a bit, and I picked out the beans for her.
Hopefully, they will have more than beans in Uganda.

No comments:
Post a Comment