Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Matthew 7:13-14
Jesus has a decided way for each one of us to walk in this life. He planned it before even time. He knew that if we would just decide to walk with Him, we could handle the road, because He is the Grace Giver. He promised that the grace He would give would be enough. Sufficient. That His yoke would be easy, and His burden would be light. And it is... because of the grace that He promises.
Read this slow and allow this truth to sink in deep. Like you've never heard it before...
Jesus allowed ALL of the punishment for ALL of the wickedness of ALL time to be laid on Himself. The Father couldn't even bear to look at Him. At perfect Jesus! His suffering went beyond the nails and the whips and the punches and the spit and the cursing. It went much deeper to fulfill the sacrifice that needed to be paid for us all. He needed to BECOME sin- to personify it- in order to fulfill this punishment. And now, if we accept this sacrifice as a ransom gift, we're forgiven. He did this for me, for you, because He loves. He IS love.
Everyone has to decide what to do with this Truth. Jesus said that there are people who think they are doing great things for Him, in His name, but He says He doesn't know them! They are not welcomed into the Kingdom. He wants to know us. To have a relationship as a loving Father with a favored child.
I would think most Americans know the story of the cross, and many even believe it's true. The problem is... most people don't live FOR Jesus. That's what He requires of His children. To live FOR Him. Not just on Sundays or Christmas or Easter. Every minute of every day. At the grocery store, the movies, in your car, at work, everywhere. That He would be invited into every aspect of your life. That's what He meant when Jesus said we need to be born again. This way of life isn't natural. It's SUPER-natural and requires a new beginning. It all begins with a decision and a prayer.
No matter what the road ahead looks like, I'm all in. I know Jesus, and I'm living for Him alone. I've decided this life is not my own, but His for the taking. To accomplish His plans through these hands and feet and heart. Who am I to say which way is best? He paid a great price for this soul of mine. I trust He'll put it to good use.
No matter what the road ahead looks like, I'm all in. I know Jesus, and I'm living for Him alone. I've decided this life is not my own, but His for the taking. To accomplish His plans through these hands and feet and heart. Who am I to say which way is best? He paid a great price for this soul of mine. I trust He'll put it to good use.

No comments:
Post a Comment