In the unpacking, I came across a note pad I was writing on in California when the Lord confirmed Africa for the first time.
"...I know my God Who sends me will remain faithful and fulfill His great work if I am fully surrendered. Nothing is mine but Jesus. Every blessing belongs to my LORD. Every person, every comfort, every treasure on this Earth is worth forsaking for the Glory of the King. Be my releasing strength, O God, when my fist is clenched tight. My life is Yours..."
I know the Lord has me writing most of what I write for myself. That I won't forget His faithfulness and His words. Even this simple prayer that I wrote down months ago... it spoke volumes to me when I found it this morning! I had no idea how clearly the Lord would speak to me that day in Long Beach. How much these words would encourage me even now, six months later.
My challenge for you and for myself: Today the Lord wants to walk with us. Today the Lord wants to speak to us. Today the Lord wants to fill us with His Spirit. Today the Lord wants to remind us of His great love. Will you listen along with me? Will you keep your heart in such a place that won't grieve His Spirit? Will you be still before Him... without a list of requests... just waiting to hear His voice? Open up the Bible and read His written words? This is how to attain perfect peace in a spinning, sinning world.
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 26:3
Amen. Amen. And amen.
ReplyDelete