Four out of five of our children have gotten sick since we've been here. Thankfully, it was just a virus taking its course and nothing more serious. But, when you're not feeling well and out of your comfort zone, it's a bit more challenging to keep going forward. Jonah learned that this week. I am blessed to watch my children be trained by the Lord... even when it's hard.
Jesus never promised us comfort, health, security. He promised heaven to a surrendered soul. He promised He wouldn't leave us here to walk through life alone. We cling to these promises, and endure to the end.
After reminding Jonah of all that Jesus gave up to show us His great love, and reminding him that God is the one we are obeying by being here in Uganda, he got over the pity party and said, "I can't wait to see what God's big plan is for us!" So far, we have just learned how to breathe here. "Ministry" consists of playing with new friends all day, and learning how to live in Uganda. I told Jonah, "Sometimes God's big plan doesn't seem all that big to us. He just wants our hearts to obey Him in love. Today, His great big plan is for us to love on 11 children. We will honor Him in that today."
No matter how big or small we consider the call God has on our lives today, we will choose to serve Him in joy and thanksgiving… doing it all for His glory.
With all of the material sacrifice in moving here, I chose to give thanks and look for the blessings all around…
| I never knew how thankful I'd be for misquito nets until I saw this. It's not poisonous, just really ugly. |
| Rain. I wish I could send you all the SMELL of this rain! Refreshing. |
| Do I need to explain? |
![]() |
| Him. Wherever the need is, there is Tyler. |
![]() |
| Lots and lots of papaya. It's no good in America. Don't even buy it to try. You have to come here and taste it for yourself. |
| YAY! Lilah is out of diapers!! Thank you Jesus! |
| My Ergo baby carrier. So very thankful! |
| New friends. 2 are missing from the picture, but you get the idea. |
If God were to send us home tomorrow, all of this would not have been in vain. The lessons we are learning here are invaluable and, I'm sure, only the beginning.


Yes! Jesus is beautifully GOOD! We pray and surrender everyday, alongside you, in a different continent. He is faithful! Please send me an address in an email. Isaac has something for your little people. Love, Linda
ReplyDeleteJeffie...what a great idea for a little pet...but do they shed ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you guys...Merry Christmas!
--Bill
You guys seriously inspire me and make me feel like such a whiner for wanting to go home! Praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Bonnie
We are so thankful you had time to do another post. We miss you guys and are so blessed by all that the Lord is doing in your lives. And amen and amen for mosquito nets... haha I'm cringing in my seat here! Israelle has informed us that she has a camera and there are picture of Lilah in Africa on it. Merry Christmas, we love you guys, and we will be praying! Love, Meg, Matt & Izzy!
ReplyDelete