Mission Field
Missionaries
First Out-Reach
We've got neighborhood kids at our door from sun up until bed time around here. We tell them about Jesus. We play catch and eat popcicles and talk about school and video games and wiggly teeth and everything else... and they ask about God and keep coming back.
We get lots of different reactions to this Jesus-life we live so freely:
"I know about Jesus. He's a baby."
"Is it true that when somebody dies, another star gets put up in the sky?"
"I know how Jesus died. He got hunged up on a cross. I know how the devil died too..."
"Jesus is a bad word in our house."
"I don't want to go to church. It's creepy."
And the reaction that really drove me to pray about how to reach these kids is when I was thanking Jesus for our food one day at lunch time. A little four year old girl was here and spoke real loud over my prayer,
"YOU'RE CRAZY. YOU'RE CRAZY! YOU ARE CRAZY!!"
She had no concept of who any kind of God might be. She looked at me like I was telling her aliens were going to jump out of my cupboards when I told her about Creation. It breaks my heart that these children are so loved by an Almighty God and have no idea... and think His name is a swear word.
So can I tell you how excited I am about this Bible Club?! Micah asked his little buddy if he knew what it meant to be born again. He showed him the Bible and read some verses with the boy. Abigail asked her friend if she was a Christian yet. Her friend's response was, "What's a Christian?" Jonah passed out tons of fliers for our Bible Club when the kids got off the bus the other day. And Lilah... well... kids just really like her!
We're going to meet at our house for the next four Tuesdays. Parents are invited to accompany their children. Will you pray along with us that many will come and for their salvation?? Pray for clear understanding for the children who have never heard of the things of God. Pray that parents will come with the children to hear. Pray that our family will be an example of Christ to these people. Above all, pray that the name of Jesus would be lifted high and honored and revered. That He alone would be glorified through all of this peanut butter and jelly smeared, muddy feet on the couch, toys and books and bikes all over the yard, sticky drippy popcicle chins, glorious mess.



Yes! We will. Putting this request on our calendar NOW. You have got our prayers. Missionaries to the nations. . .
ReplyDeleteLove,
Linda
My faithful friend Linda. I thank my God upon every rememberance of you! (Phil 1:3)
ReplyDelete